A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Love (Elements of Memoir) #AtoZChallenge


      Is there any more misused, misunderstood word than "love"?    So many stories related to love can be used in memoir.    We have love for family members, friends, children, spouses, and even love for possessions, places, concepts, or non-tangible things that probably should be associated with some term other than love.

       And yet we love ice cream, a favorite movie, or certain songs.    Love is everywhere and fills up our lives.  This doesn't even cover people who have loved us or at least thought they loved us.  Entire memoirs can deal with the subject of love or love lost.  The stories of love can be happy or sad or even analytical or angry.

        Why do we love?   Who do we love?   The stories are many and many of those stories are very interesting.   If the story is interesting then it might be worth telling in a memoir.

         Do you have a first love whom you have never seen again since that earlier time?   Have you had a tragic or hurtful break-up with someone you loved or thought you loved?     Is there a long-lasting thick and thin type love story that you have to tell?

8 comments:

  1. My husband and I have an incredible love story which I still can't believe happened to us but it did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I met my future husband for the first time I had the strongest physical reaction just like in the cartoons...pounding heart, roaring in my ears, and I swear stars dancing above my head. I was totally surprised no one else could hear all the commotion. Thanks for the visit. I did the A-Z but not as a challenge or with a theme and it took me over a year and a half to complete. there's a link on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really put some time into preparing for the Challenge!

      Lee

      Delete
    2. I love your new car. I love chocolate. I love my son and daughter. And what about those grandkids? I LOVE those kids. Love is a many splendored thing.

      My mother said once about a situation, "There's a think line between love and hate." She is correct.

      Delete
    3. Teresa, your mother had a good way of putting that.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. How could love not be in a memoir? We all have it and experience it in some form or another.

    I was in love when I was a kid, but I never told him. I lost out on what could've been a great love. I regret not being honest. And I haven't seen him since all of those years ago when I left school. That would make a sad story for sure...if I felt like writing it, of course. ;)

    -Chrys Fey
    Tremp’s Troops - A to Z Co-co-host
    Write with Fey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was in love a few times when I was a kid, but I really had no true concept of what that meant. Chrys, you could probably write a good story from your experience and you could always fictionalize it to add more interest.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. My love story is pretty simple: met guy in school, got married and had kids. I want to hear JoJo's story! :)

    You can find me here:
    ClarabelleRant

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird