A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

E-Everyday starts with… (#atozchallenge)



E-Everyday starts with… 

        Everyday starts with me getting out of bed.  Well, that is, if I'm not sick and rarely have I ever been so sick that I couldn't get out of bed.  To my recollection I don't think I've ever fallen out of bed first thing, but I guess it could have happened.  There have been a few times when I fell after stepping out of bed and then blacking out.  Those times were pretty scary, but I think that's been taken care of by a heart treatment and medication.  No more blacking out I hope.

        On a normal weekday my first operation is usually to wake my wife up so she can get ready for work.  Then I go downstairs and fix breakfast while she's getting ready.  On weekends I'll still get up relatively early--though not awakened by an alarm--and let my wife sleep in until she's ready to get up to have breakfast.

          I seemed to have turned into an early morning riser.  Rarely do I sleep past seven o'clock.  When I think of it though, maybe it has something to do with a natural time clock in me.  I was born in the Eastern Time Zone so now that I'm on the West Coast when it's 6 AM here it's really 9 AM in my birth time.  It's only a theory of course.  Might have some credence or maybe not.

         But since I'm thinking about this topic about waking up in the morning let me just say, I really don't like the time changes in spring and fall.  That really messes with my head.  

          Does your body seem to have an internal clock?    How late would you like to sleep in the mornings if you could?     Are you a night owl?  


7 comments:

  1. While it feels good to get up at 8, I feel like my whole day is wasted. I am a morning person so I am usually up b/t 6 and 7. I used to work 7-4 b/c I am no good after about 2 pm but I get my best work done first thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoJo, I kind of the same way. I can get more done early in the morning. If I try to sleep in I end up just laying there thinking about what I need to get done.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a total night owl. I go to bed early but then I end up getting up in the wee hours. This morning I woke up and got up at 2am and worked on my computer til 6:00. Then I went back to bed for a few hours and got up (by an alarm) at 9:30. I'd much rather sleep during the day than at night...

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, I used to be a night owl, especially when I was touring with the roadshow. We'd finish up between 9 and 10 so I'd be up until past midnight to unwind. I gotten up like you describe and then I'm shot the next day. I like a regular schedule.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. I'll generally wake up on time without the aid an alarm... but it's that once a week "no thank you" that keeps the alarm employed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW, I've always got my alarm set, but usually I wake up 15 to 30 minutes before it goes off. I have been getting woken up by the alarm more often since the time change.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. I usually wake up around 6-7. If it's a day I work I get up if not I sleep another hour or so. Being semi-retired is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird