A to Z Theme 2016

For my 2016 A to Z theme I used a meme that I ran across on the blog of Bridget Straub who first saw it on the blog of Paula Acton. This meme is a natural for me to use on my memoir blog. It's an A to Z concept and it's about me. No research and nothing complicated. I'm given twenty six questions or topics to discuss that are about me.

In April I kept my posts short and uncomplicated. In the midst of it all you might learn a few things about me that you didn't previously know.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

R-Reason to smile (#atozchallenge)

Smiley Face
Smiley Face
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)



Reason to smile...

       Thinking about reasons to smile the first thing that comes to my mind is my grandchildren.  I don't see them too much, but at least my daughters regularly put up pictures on FaceBook for me to see.  Those pictures always make me smile.

         I can't say that I'm a big ol' smiley face guy, but I try to maintain a pleasant appearance as much as I can.  If I encounter someone I'll try to appear as friendly as I can be so I guess I'm probably kind of smiling.  Meeting up with people should be a good reason to smile unless it's someone that I am not happy to see.

         There are times when my wife or someone else will think I'm mad or upset, but it's usually because I'm just lost in thought or concerned about something.   If I'm thinking happy thoughts I'll probably be smiling and sometimes even laughing to myself.   I try to be careful about where I do this though as in the wrong place with the wrong people, smiling to oneself might make them think you're making fun of them or something like that.  In those cases you'd better be prepared to come up with something to give them a reason to smile too.

          Are you a naturally smiley type of person?    Have you ever made someone angry because you were smiling or laughing to yourself?    What evokes a smile from you?


5 comments:

  1. I think I smile a lot, esp. when my husband is around. He said my smile made him melt in high school so I try to keep flashing one to him now, when he's home. I want to keep him melting. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, Sounds kind of romantic. That's the way to keep the fire kindled.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. Oh man, you should read about what the cause of resting b---h face. I get tired of everything analyzed beyond meaning though. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/02/02/scientists-have-discovered-the-source-of-your-resting-bitch-face/
    I have a somber face too. I guess it is the German in me. Somber is much better than scowling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, I've never heard of RBF--sounds a bit strange in a way. A serious expression is far better than an angry one.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. I'm a serious but happy kind of person, so it doesn't take much to make me smile, even in the middle of deep thinking. Sassy Dog and Katie Cat make me smile just because they're here.

    ReplyDelete

Tell your story. Express your thoughts. We want to hear from you. This blog no longer accepts comments from "Anonymous"--That guy is really starting to bug this blog. If you want to leave me a comment then please register if you aren't already--it's easy to do and I really want to hear from you.

Arlee Bird